The article explains whether it is necessary to have a contract for the sale and purchase of an apartment certified by a notary in 2023, and explains the intricacies of the legislation.
The parties themselves decide through a notary whether to certify documents or not, but there is an exception to this rule.
Important! Notarization is required for transactions with real estate shares. It does not matter how many buyers and sellers there are, whether relatives buy the property or not. In any case, you cannot do without notarization.
Notarization is required when selling an apartment owned by minors. This rule is established in paragraph 2 of Art. 54 of the Law “On State Registration of Real Estate”.
How to notarize an agreement
First you need to choose a notary office. At the moment, there are no strict rules on where to apply or restrictions on areas. This procedure is established by Art. 56 Fundamentals of legislation on notaries.
Therefore, you can choose an organization where it will be convenient for you to contact.
Before contacting an authorized witness, you should collect documents.
For certification, the parties must submit the following documents:
- purchase and sale agreement;
- passports of owners of living space;
- approval of guardianship if the transaction affects the interests of minor citizens;
- certificate of ownership or extract from the Unified State Register of Real Estate;
- basis for obtaining real estate: purchase and sale agreement, certificate of inheritance, deed of gift;
- technical documentation. You can order this document at the technical inventory bureau or the public service center “My Documents” (formerly MFC);
- notarial approval from the spouse for the sale if the property was acquired during family life;
- certificate about everyone who is registered in the living space.
You must first contact the guardianship department to obtain approval.
5 documents for approval of a transaction involving minors:
- application for the sale of the previous and purchase of a new living space;
- child's birth document;
- parents' passports;
- technical documentation;
- extract from the Unified State Register of Real Estate.
Guardianship specialists consider the application for fourteen days. Based on the results of the review, a conclusion is given. The mother and father must come to the guardianship department, even if they are divorced. Only in case of deprivation of parental rights there is no need for the parent to come into custody.
Guardianship specialists will not give their approval just like that. It is necessary that the living conditions of minors do not deteriorate.
Additionally, you will have to pay for notarization of the power of attorney when a representative applies on behalf of the homeowners. Certification of a power of attorney will cost 1.5-2 thousand rubles.
Signing the contract
When signing an agreement for the sale of real estate, so many copies are drawn up, so many parties are involved in the transaction. Another copy is left for the archives of the notary office.
The parties sign the agreement in the presence of an authorized witness. For children who have not yet turned fourteen years old, signatures are provided by a legal representative. This is a guardian or parent.
You can draw up a contract yourself and then bring it in for certification. Then you will have to pay less for services. But not all notaries agree to accept a completed agreement. Therefore, this information should be found out in advance.
After certification, the documents are sent to employees of the “My Documents” public service center or to a division of Rosreestr.
The price for issuing an extract from the Unified State Register is 2 thousand rubles.
The price for drawing up the contract will be from 2 to 6 thousand rubles. The price for technical certification differs in different cities. In Moscow this amount is 5.4 thousand rubles, for St. Petersburg – 3.8 thousand rubles.
Certification of documents is paid separately. This service is 0.5% of the transaction price, but not less than 300 rubles. and no more than 20 thousand rubles.
The amount of costs depends on the cadastral price of the property. This procedure is established by paragraph 5 of paragraph 1 of Art. 333.24 of the Internal Revenue Code.
If documents are certified at will, then 4-10 thousand rubles are paid for drawing up the agreement. In the capital, the price of a notary certificate is 10 thousand rubles. For St. Petersburg, this amount will be 7 thousand rubles.
Certifying the agreement is another expense. The cost of the certificate depends on the cadastral price of the property.
Only special appraisal firms can assess the value of living space. The cost of appraisal services is 4 thousand rubles.
When can you do without notarization?
If the housing is not in shared ownership, then it is quite possible to get by with drawing up a regular written agreement.
For greater reliability, you can undergo notarization, however, even without this agreement it will have legal force.
You can only alienate housing for which ownership rights have been registered. The right of ownership was previously confirmed by a certificate of ownership, but now instead it is issued by an extract from the Unified State Register of Real Estate.
Documents can be submitted electronically through the portal gosuslugi.ru. Documentation is certified using an electronic digital signature.
If you act step by step, the transaction will be completed successfully.
9 stages of registration:
- Preparation of certificates and other documents confirming property rights. It will take time to obtain technical documentation from the technical inventory bureau.
- Order an extract from the house register and a single housing document.
- Receive a certificate stating that there is no utility debt on your personal account.
- Obtain notarized approval for the sale of living space from the husband or wife.
- Obtain approval from guardianship specialists. This document will be needed if the interests of minor citizens are affected.
- Receive an extract from the Unified State Register of Real Estate. The document shows that there are no arrests or encumbrances in the apartment. This document is required for the buyer to make a secure transaction.
- Draw up a purchase and sale agreement.
- Draw up and certify a power of attorney if a package of documents is submitted by a representative.
- Send the documentation package for registration to the Rosreestr division.
There are several ways to apply: by mail, electronically or in person.
How to draw up a purchase and sale agreement correctly
The agreement must be drawn up in accordance with civil law and contain all significant terms of the transaction.
5 important points of the agreement:
- Full name and registration addresses of both parties.
- Object of the transaction. The exact address and area are specified here.
- Information about which of the former residents retains the right to reside in the living space.
- Payment procedure. Payment in cash is possible, but payment through a safe deposit box is more reliable.
- Conditions under which a contract can be terminated.
The parties may also include other conditions that they deem necessary.
Features of taxation
When a citizen has owned a home for less than three years, he will have to pay sales tax. But the amount of income received can be reduced by expenses associated with the purchase of living space.
When you buy shares of real estate or an entire property, you need to prepare for the fact that the new owner will have to fulfill tax obligations.
Changes in the law
The innovation that sales must be notarized came into force in June 2016. Registration now requires more effort from homeowners. After all, if earlier it was possible to sell a room and get by with a regular written agreement, now it is impossible to do without a certificate.
If a citizen owns housing individually or it is jointly owned by spouses, there is no need to contact a notary.
Registration of transactions with real estate owned by minor citizens is also not allowed. Therefore, most contracts now go through a notary.
But citizens’ expenses will also increase. After all, you have to pay for the pleasure of notarization.
The essence of the changes
Real estate transactions are a common area for fraudsters to work. Especially many sham transactions were made with shares of property. That is why changes to the law were adopted. It is expected that transactions with housing will become safer, because the notary bears property liability.
The authorized witness is obliged to cancel the transaction if he discovers signs of forgery of documents or the presence of encumbrances.
Whether the purchase and sale agreement for an apartment must be certified by a notary (2017) or not, the parties can decide for themselves. But when making transactions with shares in real estate, you cannot do without notarization.
Documents must be notarized if transactions with housing affect the interests of minors. The cost of a certified document will increase if you entrust the drafting to a notary.
Registration of housing transactions without a notary - in what cases is it necessary to have the purchase and sale agreement certified, when can you do without certification?
The purchase and sale transaction of residential or non-residential real estate is one of the most popular in the notary business. Notary certification is a kind of recognition of a document as legally correct and having a legal basis.
At the same time, not all transactions must be certified by a notary, but such a procedure will always not be superfluous - it will only strengthen the legal force of the document.
Next, we’ll talk about whether it is necessary to have an apartment purchase and sale agreement certified by a notary, in which cases this procedure can be skipped, and when it must be done.
Cases when certification is required
In the following cases, notarization by a notary is mandatory, since without such a procedure the document simply will not be accepted by the registration authority:
- In case of sale of an apartment that is divided between several owners. In this case, it is necessary to have the purchase and sale agreement certified by a notary, since this fact confirms the consent of all owners.
- A real estate property is being sold where the owner is a minor, that is, under 18 years of age.
- If a minor will take part in the transaction and he will not necessarily act as the owner.
If a minor takes part in a transaction, his official representatives - parents or persons who replace them - must also be present.
When is notarization optional but recommended?
There are also situations in which notarization of a document is not required by law, but in practice it still needs to be done:
- If the seller of the property is a minor. In this case, the notary confirms with his signature the legality of the transaction and compliance with the rights of the minor.
- If minors are registered in the property, then notarization also confirms the legality of the transaction.
- If the transaction is executed in shared ownership.
- If the transaction is carried out with the participation of a minor, but there is no personal participation. His official representatives are in his place.
In all of the above cases, it is required to notarize the purchase and sale agreement, if only because this is a direct confirmation of the legality of the transaction and respect for the rights of all parties.
When can you do without a notary?
Is it permissible to register housing transactions without the participation of a notary? Yes, if the property is not in shared ownership, that is, there is one owner. In this case, you can simply draw up a written purchase and sale agreement that follows due process. But, even in this case, notarization will not be superfluous.
The difference when buying a secondary home and a new building
Buying a new home, if you ignore the moral and technical side of the issue, is better than purchasing a secondary home. The reason is simple - there are no legal encumbrances in the new apartment, which means the registration procedure is much simpler and faster.
When purchasing a secondary home, you can save a lot, but before the transaction you must check the legal side - whether there are any encumbrances, whether all owners agree to the transaction. In addition, we should not forget about the type of transactions where notarization is required.
Why do you need to get notarized?
It should be understood that the purchase and sale agreement needs to be certified not only by the seller, but also by the buyer. Next, we will consider why it is necessary for both parties to have the apartment purchase and sale agreement certified by a notary.
Reassurance for the buyer
The rights and obligations of a notary in this form of transaction are regulated by Federal Law No. 4462-1. In relation to the buyer, you need to pay attention to the following nuances:
- The notary will check the correct drafting of the contract.
- Check the factors specified in the contract that come into force if the parties to the transaction fail to fulfill their obligations.
- Checks whether the buyer's rights have been violated in this transaction.
- May be present during the transfer of funds for the purchase/sale of real estate.
In addition, the notary provides individual services - drawing up an agreement, consultations regarding the proposed transaction.
Assurance for the seller
On the part of the seller, a notary is required in the following cases:
- If an apartment is being sold, which is joint property of the spouses.
- If the object of sale is under trust management.
- If the owner of the property being sold is a minor or incompetent person.
Also, as in the case of the buyer, a notary may be needed when transferring funds.
Additional benefits of working with a notary
Notarization of a transaction is not all that can be useful from a notary. As a rule, a specialist in this profile provides the following services:
- Collection and preparation of all necessary documents and transfer them to the relevant authorities.
- Provides a secure payment service, for example, a notary deposit.
- Checks the literacy and compliance with procedural norms of all documents, including the drawn up contract.
- Accelerates the timing of the transaction, if necessary.
It goes without saying that this is not a complete list of services provided, since a notary works not only with transactions for the purchase/sale of real estate.
How much will the services cost?
You need to understand that there are tariffs approved by the state, and there are those that the notary sets at his own discretion.
Thus, certification of a document will cost 0.5% of the transaction value, but not less than 300 rubles and not more than 20,000 rubles.
The cost of drawing up an agreement ranges from 2,000 to 6,000 rubles. It goes without saying that in the capital the cost of notary services is higher.
The certification of the agreement will depend on the cadastral value of the property. As for the assessment of real estate, this is carried out by accredited organizations, their services are paid separately.
If the owner has owned the property being sold for less than three years, he will have to pay tax on the sale. Also, the new owner will have to fulfill tax obligations - he also pays a percentage of the cost of the apartment to the state treasury.
Let's sum it up
Is it necessary to have an apartment purchase and sale agreement certified by a notary? Yes, in the prevailing case of transactions this is necessary. But, even if the transaction can be completed without the services of a notary, it will still not be superfluous - this way the document will only have more legal force.
The cost of notary services will depend on the estimated value of the property, as well as the tariffs of the specialist himself. Often this indicator is also influenced by the region - in the capital, of course, it will be more expensive.
It should also be understood that in some cases a purchase and sale agreement without a notary will not be considered valid - without such certification it simply will not go through the registration procedure with Rosreestr.
Registration of an apartment purchase and sale transaction through a notary: cost, documents
Federal legislation does not oblige Russian citizens to involve notaries in real estate purchase and sale transactions. Certification of contracts is mandatory when guardians, minors, or spouses filing for divorce participate in the legal process. The cost of such services is determined individually by each notary office, so individuals have the opportunity to choose the most profitable option for themselves.
Is the participation of a notary required?
Certification of sales and purchase agreements at a notary office is required in the following cases:
- Conducting legal transactions concerning real estate objects that are in shared ownership.
- When selling or buying a home, when one party to the transaction is a child, an individual who has not reached the age of majority.
- When registering the purchase and sale of real estate owned by former spouses.
- Conducting legal transactions with housing transferred to trust management, which is managed by guardians.
Federal legislation does not oblige Russian citizens to involve notaries in land purchase and sale transactions, even when equity holders act as owners. Also, notarization of legal transactions for the alienation of property in favor of a mutual fund is not required.
To draw up a purchase and sale agreement at a notary’s office, Russian citizens need to create a package of documentation:
- A preliminary agreement entered into between the buyer and seller of a property. It specifies the terms of the upcoming transaction, amounts, terms, obligations and rights of the parties.
- Title documents for the apartment: extract from the state unified register, deed of gift, will, purchase and sale agreement.
- A certificate issued by the housing office, which indicates the persons registered in the residential premises.
- If the seller is legally married, then to sell or buy a home he will need the written consent of the spouse (provided that the property was purchased during a legal marriage). The exception is situations in which the seller acquired ownership of the apartment by will or gift agreement. Written consent from the other half will also be required in the case where the couple divorced, but jointly took part in the purchase of a home.
- A document recording an offer made to the owners to sell their parts in the apartment (we are talking about shared real estate).
- If a property is sold whose owner is a minor, then official permission from the guardianship and trusteeship authorities will be required. Such a certificate must be obtained even if the child is simply registered in the apartment being sold. In such situations, you will have to provide documentary evidence that other living conditions have been provided for the child.
- Transfer deed.
- A certificate confirming the absence of utility debts.
- Apartment card.
- If an apartment is purchased using maternity capital funds, a corresponding certificate is attached. You will also need a certificate from the Pension Fund confirming the presence of funds in the buyer’s personal account.
- When using borrowed funds to purchase an apartment, you need to transfer the loan or mortgage agreement to the notary.
- If real estate is purchased using budget funds, then the appropriate certificates must be presented.
Not only the originals, but also copies of all documents must be submitted to the notary's office. An authentication procedure will be carried out on site.
When notarizing real estate transactions, the following sequence of actions must be followed:
- The buyer and seller personally come to the notary's office with a full package of documentation.
- The property is checked on site for arrest, pledge, and forced expropriation. The notary makes a request to various authorities, receives information from open and closed sources.
- Before the transaction is completed, the parties can enter into a preliminary agreement, which will specify the conditions. At this stage, the documentation necessary for notarial support of the purchase and sale procedure is being prepared.
- The buyer transfers a deposit to the seller, or makes a full financial settlement within the framework of the conditions specified in the preliminary agreement.
- The notary or his assistant draws up the main agreement, which is submitted to the parties to the transaction for consideration.
- If there are no objections from the buyer and seller, the agreement is printed on letterhead and then certified by a notary. A record of the registration of the agreement is made in the appropriate accounting register.
- The agreement is submitted to Rosreestr for state registration. Some notary contractors independently send documents to local authorities in electronic form.
How much do notary services cost?
Each notary office individually forms its pricing policy. The Federal Chamber of Notaries recommends the following tariffs:
- Certification of contracts for the purchase and sale of real estate between relatives, the cost of which does not exceed 1,000,000 rubles. – 3000 rub. plus 0.20% of the transaction amount. For outsiders, the additional percentage will increase to 0.40%.
- Certification of contracts for the purchase and sale of housing between relatives, the cost of which varies from 1,000,000 rubles. up to 10,000,000 rub. – 3000 rub. plus 0.20% of the transaction amount. For outsiders, the tariff will be 7,000 rubles, and the additional percentage will remain at the same level of 0.20%.
- Certification of contracts for the purchase and sale of real estate between relatives, the value of which exceeds RUB 10,000,000. – 23,000 rub. plus 0.10% of the transaction amount exceeding RUB 10,000,000. For outsiders, the tariff will be 25,000 rubles, and the additional percentage will remain at the same level of 0.10%.
Attention! By contacting a notary office, Russian citizens will have to pay for additional services: typing, printing of the agreement, photocopy. They will have to incur costs, the amount of which varies in the range of 5,000 rubles. – 8000 rub.
Federal law does not oblige real estate buyers to pay for notary services. Thanks to this, the parties to the transaction have the opportunity to split the costs of certification of purchase and sale agreements in half.
Terms and procedure for registering an agreement in Rosreestr
Federal legislation obliges Russian citizens to register transactions related to real estate in the Unified State Register of Real Estate. The period for receiving an extract from the unified register directly depends on the method of submitting the application. Individuals and business entities are allowed to apply to Rosreestr authorities in several ways:
- A package of documents is sent by mail. A registered letter, a list of attachments, and a notification form are required.
- Russian citizens can submit an application through the MFC. An extract from the Unified State Register can be obtained 7 days after contacting the multifunctional center.
- Buyers can personally visit the local Rosreestr office, or call an assistant to their home. In this case, registration of property rights will occur within 5 working days.
If the purchase and sale agreement is certified by a notary office, the period for registering property rights will be reduced. When contacting Rosreestr in person, an individual will receive an extract from the Unified State Register of Real Estate within 3 days. If you send the agreement electronically, registration will be completed within one day. If the notarized agreement is transferred to Rosreestr through the MFC, then you will be able to receive an extract from the unified register within 5 working days.
Risks and guarantees
Every real estate transaction carries risks for both parties:
- If the text of the agreement does not contain a block dedicated to the transfer deed, then the date of actual transfer of the property will be considered the day of completion of registration actions. In such a situation, risks arise for the buyer, since during this time the seller may cause intentional damage to the property.
- The notary's technical assistants made mistakes when typing the text of the agreement, which is why it will not be able to register with Rosreestr.
- There is no clear procedure for carrying out financial settlements between the buyer and the seller, which would determine the parties’ responsibility for the money. If the contract states that the funds for the property were transferred to the seller in full before signing the agreement, then he will have risks. As soon as the transfer of ownership of the home is officially registered, the buyer can refuse the oral agreements. He will refer to the agreement, which states that the money has been transferred in full.
- When notarizing sales contracts, the participation of outside consultants on one or both sides is not approved. Because of this, notaries may impose conditions on buyers and sellers that do not bring them any benefit.
If a notary is involved in the procedure for drawing up a purchase and sale agreement, then the participants are given certain guarantees. The assistant will check the property for forced alienation, arrests, and liens.
about the author
It is necessary to have the apartment purchase and sale agreement certified by a notary 2023: registration of the transaction
First of all, it is worth understanding: in order to make any real estate transaction, the property must first be registered with Rosreestr. Many people mistakenly believe that this is done by a notary. But that's not true. A notary can only certify the purchase and sale agreement.
For his services, the notary charges a fee of one percent of the total cost of the apartment. This is provided that the cost of housing does not exceed one million rubles. If the apartment costs more than one million rubles, then the cost of services will be ten thousand rubles and 0.75% of the cost of housing.
Such agreements are drawn up in the following cases:
- 1. Selling an apartment.
- 2. Sale of a share in the apartment to third parties.
- 3. Sale of an apartment owned by a minor or incompetent citizen.
What is stated in the contract?
In essence, a purchase and sale agreement is a document that states the basic provisions that the seller undertakes to transfer real estate or a share in it to the buyer for a certain monetary consideration. The amount of remuneration is agreed upon by both parties.
Changes in Federal Law.
Registration of a transaction for the purchase and sale of an apartment through a notary in 2023 has undergone significant changes.
Thus, starting from July 2016, the issuance of a certificate of state registration of rights to real estate, a document that is key in making real estate transactions, was stopped.
As stated in Article 14 of the Federal Law, the emergence and transfer of the right to real estate is certified by an extract from the Unified State Register of Rights (USRE).
It is also possible to submit documents certified by a notary in electronic form. This way, you no longer need to waste time in long queues. The process of reviewing submitted documents is greatly simplified and accelerated. The decision taken to register real estate rights is communicated no later than one day after submitting the application.
Registration of share.
Perhaps the main change is that now any real estate transactions can only be carried out with documentary evidence from a notary. The question of whether it is necessary to register a share purchase and sale agreement with a notary in 2023 is one of the most pressing and causes a lot of controversy and controversy.
Until the end of 2015, it was possible to sell a share in an apartment or house only with the help of a notary. But if the owner wanted to formalize a deed of gift and assign part of the property to any person, it was enough to write a corresponding application and take it to the nearest branch of Rosreestr. Fraudsters have begun to actively take advantage of this.
They forced people, often elderly or incapacitated, to sign over part of their real estate to them.
Changes in the purchase and sale agreement in 2016 made it mandatory to notarize all actions, regardless of the type of transaction: be it a sale, registration of a deed of gift or inheritance. When drawing up a share donation agreement, a notary is obliged to check whether the transaction is fake.
Often, the transaction of donating a share is covered by another transaction, for example, a purchase and sale. People want to avoid taxes, which are collected when registering purchases and sales, and hide behind other types of transactions. In turn, such actions are a direct violation of the law and can be classified as tax evasion.
If a notary for any reason refuses to certify the agreement, the parties may go to court.
The changes also affected one of the vulnerable segments of the population - minor property owners. Now absolutely all transactions with shares of children must be notarized without fail.
Registration of purchase and sale of an apartment from a notary in 2023.
Below are all the basic rules for executing such transactions. To eliminate the risk factor associated with fraudulent activities, transactions are formalized in writing.
Before executing a purchase and sale agreement, the parties sign a preliminary agreement on the deposit for the property. The seller is obliged to provide documents confirming the legality of the alienation. They must be in duplicate. One for the buyer, the second for Rosreestr.
For example, if an apartment is sold during marriage, the written consent of the second spouse is required. If the property being sold belongs to a minor, then permission from the guardianship authorities is required.
Also attached to the contract is a certificate from the Unified State Register stating that the apartment has not been seized and there are no utility debts. Finally, a certificate is provided about all registered persons or their absence.
Then a transfer and acceptance certificate is drawn up. The buyer is entered into the Unified State Register as the new owner of the apartment. To do this, the seller must contact Rosreestr with a corresponding application.
As you can see, buying and selling an apartment requires some effort on both sides. This is done to ensure the legality and transparency of transactions.
But in the end, the parties can be calm about their property and its integrity.
Features of buying and selling an apartment through a notary. How much do his services cost and who pays for them?
Purchasing real estate is a long and labor-intensive procedure, and most importantly, a responsible one. It is important to competently approach the process of buying and selling an apartment so that the transaction complies with all legislative and legal standards. In this matter, the best assistant is a notary.
Let's consider whether it is necessary to have a contract certified when buying or selling real estate and why it is needed, what is the cost of notary services for drawing up and registering this document and who should pay for them.
To solve your problem RIGHT NOW get a free LEGAL consultation: +7 (499) 504-88-91 Moscow
Why is this necessary and what guarantees are provided?
When selling an apartment, a notary confirms the conclusion of the transaction , as well as compliance with all legislative and legal norms in this procedure.
This right is given to him by the state as a competent witness.
In the future, notarized confirmation will help to avoid controversial situations and litigation, and if such arise, it will become a valid basis for resolving the issue in favor of the legal owners.
Drawing up a notarial deed will protect you from the risks of fraud or challenge , which is especially important for large transactions. The guarantee of the effectiveness of the document is the responsibility (property) of the authorized person himself.
That is why, before carrying out the certification, the notary fully checks the legality of the agreement:
- voluntary expression of will;
- awareness when concluding a transaction;
- compliance of documents with legal norms.
First of all, the notary acts on behalf of the law, conducts an objective assessment, without representing the interests of any of the parties.
Now the range of notary services has expanded. In addition to standard tasks, those requiring the use of new technological approaches to work are also solved, including :
- Instant redirection of legal documentation while maintaining its effectiveness to any region.
- Carrying out state registration of proprietary rights in the shortest possible period of time.
- Protected payment under the contract using a notary's deposit.
- Full-scale collection of the necessary data and redirecting it to state registration authorities by an authorized person unilaterally (without the participation of the customer).
The most current services:
- certification of copies and authenticity of signatures and seals;
- acceptance of documents for safekeeping, as well as cash and shares as deposits;
- certification of the fact of the debt and the obligation to return it by issuing a writ of execution; such a document makes it possible to avoid lengthy proceedings and seek help directly from a bailiff.
Is it possible to independently conclude a contract?
Federal Law No. 122 of July 3, 2016 states that an apartment purchase and sale agreement can be drawn up and executed without a notary . Those. Engaging his services is not mandatory and can only be used by decision of the parties.
Article 160 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation indicates the need for notarization only in the case of a voluntary agreement between the parties to the transaction (except for clearly defined situations), i.e.
a real estate purchase and sale agreement concluded without registering it with a notary is valid and legal.
In this way, the parties can reduce costs when purchasing property, but at the same time significantly increase the risks of illegality of the transaction.
When is notarization required?
As for whether it is necessary to notarize a real estate purchase and sale transaction, in some situations it is impossible to do without the participation of a notary and the agreement will need to be registered . There is a list of transactions in which, before contacting the registration authorities, it is necessary to prepare a notarized purchase and sale agreement (in accordance with Federal Law No. 391 of December 29, 2015).
Let's consider the following cases:
- Shared ownership . The purchased property has several owners (equity participation). At the same time, drawing up a purchase and sale agreement by a notary, as well as its certification, is mandatory. A distinctive feature of such transactions is that each of the owners sells their part, i.e. The contract specifies each share of the apartment and each owner.
- Presence of minor owners . One or more apartment owners are minors. The law protects the legal interests of children, so parents cannot arbitrarily (without the consent of the relevant authorities) sell their home. That is why such transactions must be checked for legality and legality, and also certified by a notary.
- Presence of minor buyers . Housing property is often purchased by families with minor children. If they are selling their old apartment, they cannot do without a notary. When both parties have minor children, the notary will carry out the necessary procedures for purchasing housing and alienating property at all levels. Again, the main emphasis is on protecting the property rights of the child.
How to complete a deal?
A real estate sale transaction is not limited to just signing a contract.
What to do before concluding a contract:
- Prepare a complete package of documents (the notary requests more documentation than Rosreestr).
- Conclude a preliminary agreement.
- Choose a notary office.
- Draw up the contract itself.
- Make a calculation.
- Register the operation with government authorities.
Video about the algorithm for conducting a real estate purchase and sale transaction:
How to choose a specialist?
The choice of a notary remains with the parties to the transaction . They have the right to choose any specialist, even if the location of the object of sale does not coincide with the seller’s place of residence.
In the Russian Federation there is a register in which all notaries are listed.
In the premises where citizens are received there must be information for visitors. In addition to the standard (contacts, work schedule), the following information is required to be submitted:
- Contact details of the notary chamber.
- List of services with tariffs and payment procedures.
- List of categories of persons served on preferential terms.
- Full name of the notary.
- No. of the order on the appointment of the specified person to the position held.
What documents are needed?
To draw up a notarial deed, the parties to the purchase and sale agreement must submit documents to verify the legality and legality of the concluded transaction. Each party provides its own documentation.
From the seller
Property owners transferring ownership of property are required to prepare:
- Preliminary agreement. Since the procedure is labor-intensive and costly, a change of intentions may result in material damage to the other party. This document will protect both participants in the procedure from such risks.
- Papers certifying the property rights of the owner.
- Registration documentation for real estate.
- A certified statement from the spouse agreeing to sell the apartment.
- If there are minor children, a certificate from the guardianship and trusteeship authorities is required.
- Information about everyone registered at this address.
- In case of shared ownership, evidence of notification of all owners.
- Certificates from municipal authorities about the absence of debts.
The video provides a list of documents required to complete the sale and purchase:
From the buyer
Persons purchasing real estate, in addition to identification documents, must provide:
- If maternity capital is included in the payment, a copy of the certificate for its receipt and a bank statement on the status of the current account.
- When transferring targeted payments from the state budget - documents confirming receipt of such assistance.
- When repaying the purchase price using a budget loan, there is an agreement for its provision.
- Loan agreement, if issued.
Copies of documents remain at the notary office for processing and certification, but they must be submitted with the originals for verification.
Preparation of contract
A convenient tool in the purchase and sale procedure is a preliminary agreement , which contains all the conditions for the transfer of ownership rights.
Often, after its conclusion, the buyer makes a down payment. Caution should be exercised at this stage.
It is better to formalize the transfer of funds as a separate procedure in order to avoid controversial issues and litigation in the future.
If the procedure for returning the deposit is not documented and the period for concluding the main agreement has expired, you will have to go to court to claim the funds.
In preparing the text of the main agreement, the main emphasis is on compliance with the law and the impossibility of challenging it.
Each of the parties in the process of familiarizing themselves with the contract must carefully study it, special attention should be paid to the section on liability for failure to fulfill obligations. The seller and buyer have the right to adjust the document.
The agreement is signed in the presence of a notary, after which it is transferred to the state registration authorities . This procedure can be simplified and accelerated if the notary personally sends the documentation in electronic form to Rosreestr.
Transfer of money upon purchase
When concluding transactions for the sale of real estate, the parties have the opportunity to transfer funds to the notary's office.
- The authorized person accepts funds before concluding the agreement and credits them to his own bank account.
- After signing the agreement, transfers the entire amount to the recipient. The procedure for making payments is governed by an additional agreement.
This service is inexpensive, its cost is 1,500 rubles. But it is worth keeping in mind that when funds are credited to a deposit account, a bank commission is charged, as well as when receiving cash from the seller’s account.
The notary's deposit greatly simplifies the payment of the contract, allowing you to avoid the preparation of unnecessary documents. In addition, the entire process of buying and selling real estate can be carried out in a notary’s office.
Cost of services
The general costs of notary services include:
- State-set tariff.
- Payment for legal and technical work.
Throughout the Russian Federation, tariffs for the provision of notarial assistance are equal. As for the purchase and sale of real estate with mandatory notarization, its cost is equal to 0.5% of the agreement amount. However, there are limits on tariffs of this type.
The minimum amount is 300 rubles, the maximum is 20,000 rubles. The cost of using the services of a notary is optionally regulated by the Fundamentals of Notary Legislation.
Attention: the cost of notary services has become an order of magnitude lower, thereby increasing their competitiveness compared to other intermediary participants in the real estate market.
The second part of the amount is regulated by the notary chamber. The amount of costs depends on the cost of the agreement and the level of notarial responsibility .
Legal and technical services include:
- conducting legal review and making amendments;
- preparation of project documentation;
- checking the authenticity of documents;
- clarification and comparison of the submitted statements with the present expression of will of the parties;
- obtaining information from the state register, etc.
The price for this type of notarial work changes annually for each subject of activity. For example, in the capital, the procedure for buying and selling an apartment (with the mandatory use of notary services) in 2017 cost 5,000 rubles. The official website of the Federal Notary Chamber provides complete information on the cost of services for each region.
How much do they charge for signing an agreement?
You can contact a notary office solely to draw up a purchase and sale agreement. In such a situation, it is likely that a standard form will be provided to be filled out without studying the documentation provided. The price of a ready-made agreement may vary depending on the region from 1000 rubles to 10,000 rubles .
How much does it cost to certify a finished document?
The cost of a notary certificate varies depending on its amount and is:
- 1% for amounts less than 1 million rubles;
- 10 thousand rubles + 0.75% if the amount exceeds 1 million rubles and up to 10 million rubles;
- 77 thousand 500 rubles + 0.5% for amounts over 10 million rubles.
Who pays and what might determine the price?
Notary services can be paid in full by the buyer. At the same time, at the request of the parties, they have the right to independently distribute the degree of coverage of the costs of each of them.
For example, the seller and buyer can split expenses in half . It is advisable to include this condition in the contract.
The cost of services may vary depending on the amount of the agreement, the level of responsibility of the authorized person, the region in which the transaction is concluded, as well as the degree of relationship of the parties to the agreement.
Notarial assistance in the purchase and sale of housing is not only an additional expense, but also a guarantor of the legality and legality of the procedure. Contacting a specialist will minimize the risks of conflict situations and litigation in the future, and if they arise, it will protect property owners from loss of property rights.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl+Enter.
To solve your problem RIGHT NOW get a free LEGAL consultation: +7 (499) 504-88-91 Moscow